0

Be Grateful anyway!!

Posted by Mea L. Antaim on Sunday, March 15, 2015 in
While we are enjoying our food at the table, talking, laughing, hanging around, chilling out with friends , gossiping or even complaining and doesn't bother about anything else around us ... remember there are those unfortunate people that struggling for food, for money and struggling their life's for a living. 

i was called to share about these unfortunate people around us that sometimes we overlooked and not treated equally in the society. I was on my way to withdraw money at one of the nearby ATM bank in my way back home from church. I have nothing with me and i need an emergency cash at the moment. At the entrance of the bank door, there are this disable middle age man waiting at a corner not far from the bank main entrance. If you know Nick Vujicic, you can imagine the man that i am describing to you by now, only that this Man have two short arms without fingers. 

While pushing on the entrance door, i give a slight glance at him, hate to know that he is making a living by gaining from people sympathy. He can be doing something more respectful or more dignity at. - but deep inside me having this pity feelings towards him. I am confused a while when part of me dislike on what the man is doing, gaining people sympathy at the bank entrance yet part of me showing some respect for him and accepting that every work is a work. ~begging is also a profession~ 

I try to put myself in his shoes. If i am - him ... What will i do for a living? Am i brave enough to wait at any bank entrance and asking for money? - I let myself see things in a more positive way- in a sense of gratefulness ... I am fortunate enough to have a perfect whole body where i can freely use my leg to walk, kick and jump and also to have my two arms with fingers to do my daily routine. Telling my self that i am fortunate enough as a person compare to him, being born with physical incapability. 

I come near to him and start asking him question like, where he lives, who help him out, and other simple questions that showing compassion to him. Deep inside me i want them to know that they are matters in this world and begging is not the correct way to make a living. 

So new thing i learn;


~When i saw him, waiting at the front of the bank entrance with physical incapability~  
*I learnt that unfortunate people teach us about how to be grateful and stop complaining*

Image result for gratitude quotes

P/S: Encourage one another ~we are all equal~

~m3@~





|

0 Comments

Copyright © 2009 ~Sharing Of Life's Journey~.... All rights reserved. Theme by Laptop Geek. | Bloggerized by FalconHive.